Friday 1 February 2013

On being

Happy 2013

Did I blog in 2012? I cannot remember and cannot be arsed to check.

Since leaving blogger, I have discovered Twitter which I love and ramped up my participation on Tumblr, which I can't decide if I love or hate.

So I have decided to take up blogging again, very infrequently though. Simply because I hope that I can divert my creative energy elsewhere. Writing.

I haven't written anything non-academic for a while and it all started in 2007.

I had made up my mind to kill myself and was psyching myself up to do it when some things happened that stopped me. So I started the year being resigned to the business of living. And that is no way to live.

One tends to stop caring about what happens, or at least that is what happened to me. Coming to the realization that I really can't be bothered with life is a hard one, because I know it shouldn't be that way. I know I should change it, but I am stuck as to how to go about doing so.

But last month I noticed something, I started reading for pleasure again and I started listening to music again (the jury is still out on whether that is a good thing or not). Maybe I'll start writing again. Maybe I am finally ready to become an adult at the age of 28. Maybe I'll acknowledge life.....

Maybe

No comments:

Post a Comment